Discover the Power of Home Ownership
Homeownership empowers the middle class, creates neighborhoods with better schools, lower crime, and higher voting rates. It will create more engaged communities.
If you are getting ready to buy a condo or a home, please know, real estate transactions often involve numerous legal documents and procedures, which is why most buyers and sellers have a good realtor. A local experienced Realtor can guide you through this complicated process.
Home ownership empowers you. It builds wealth. It enables you to retire early. It provides financial security. Homeownership can change your life.
We have been helping like you buy and sell homes as a Realtor in San Francisco and the Peninsula for over 13 years. We love the Bay Area and am very familiar with every part of it, the parks, the schools, and transportation. We look forward to the possibility to assist you with your next real estate transaction.
Buying a home in San Mateo County?
Are you considering purchasing a house in San Mateo County? Whether it is your first home altogether, or just you are first home in San Mateo County, the process can be stressful, overwhelming, and thrilling. By keeping some critical facts in mind, and preparing yourself for the process, you will also ensure that the process is ultimately rewarding.
Why should you buy or relocate in San Mateo County?
San Mateo County and its cities are some of the most sought-after, attractive places to live in the country; no, even the world. The county is home to many diverse, successful business, including Facebook, Franklin Templeton Investments, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Oracle Corp., Kaiser Permanente, San Mateo County, Seton Medical Center, Visa, Inc., the San Francisco International Airport, and much more.
It is not surprising that these opportunities mean many people want to relocate, buy, move up, or downsize in the area. Even though the San Mateo County market is consistently healthy, there are still constant changes overall in the real estate market, city ordinances, regulations, disclosure practices, escrow procedures, and more.
It can be confusing and stressful for those who are not intimately familiar with each of the procedures and are not aware of changes coming down the pike. On top of that, buying a property in San Mateo County is different from most other places.
We have our own rules, zoning compliances, and regulations to stay on top of. The importance of research in purchasing a home There are a lot of details buyers should be aware of as they are looking for a home, and once the purchasing process begins.
Are you ready to answer the following questions?
- Are you buying with cash, or do you need to finance your purchase through a mortgage broker or lending institution?
- How much can you afford? What do you need, and what do you want?
- What kind of property do you want to live in, and what neighborhoods appeal most to you?
- What is the school district like in your favorite community or city?
- How far are you willing to commute?
- Will commune from your future home to your place of work because of issues?
It is normal to have many questions at every step in the purchasing process, whether it is your first home or whether you have been through a dozen. That is why we are here.
The initial steps to buying a home
Any time is a great time to find a local, experienced realtor that you can speak to about your needs, but it helps to make it your very first step. Realtors are the home buying and selling authorities; they will have the knowledge to guide you through every hurdle that has to come.
It is their job to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible, and they want nothing more than to get clients into their dream homes.
- The first true phase is to determine affordability; how much are you able to pay in cash or loan out through a mortgage? If you are not paying cash, you should seek out pre-approval from a mortgage lender. This helps you narrow down your search by budget, rather than relying on what you think you can spend. Getting pre-approved also means that sellers will be more confident in your offer.
- The second phase is deciding what kind of home you want to live in. A single-family home, a condominium, a townhome, or something else entirely. You should consider not only your current needs but what your needs might be in five or ten years because buying a home is not a short-term investment for most.
- Next, you need to decide where you want to live, whether that is a certain city or a particular neighborhood that feels just right for you. Make sure you feel comfortable with the process of searching for different properties, neighborhoods, and school districts.
- Once you find the home that has everything you want at the price you can afford, you need to strategize your offer. You need to know how much you should offer based on competitive homes in the area, and weigh that against overall market trends.
- If the purchase offer is accepted, you need to know about all the next steps. Should you arrange for a home inspection? How does the escrow process work? What documentation is need it to get the home loan in order?
If you found a realtor early and established a comfortable working relationship with them, they will be your partner every step of the complex buying process.
Our first consultation:
When a new potential client gets in touch, we would like to schedule a complimentary in-person or phone consultation immediately. We need to know your needs and expectations so that we can move forward in exactly the way that works best for you. The meeting could take 15 minutes, or it could take much longer; my only goal is to make you feel comfortable moving forward.
During this meeting, we will make sure to:
- Answer every question and concern you might have about the buying process.
- Figure out what communities and school districts work for you.
- Determine how much you can spend and understand the best mortgage option for you.
- Give you an overview of how the buying process works, from offers to escrow.
Only when we understand your needs can we give you the tailor-made service you deserve. Our main goal is to make the home buying process smooth, stress-free, and, ultimately, thrilling. You deserve a Realtor who cares about your needs, your interests, and your dreams for owning a home that is perfect for you.
Buying a property doesn't have to be confusing, scary, or stressful Mayra Espinosa
is a long-time local, living and working in the San Mateo County area for years. Mayra understands the nuances of buying a home in this area; it is not like most others. Our in-depth experience in this area will help guide you toward the neighborhoods and types of properties that will make your life of home ownership a joy.
If you are curious about buying a property in San Mateo County, check out our current active listings, and then get in touch by calling (605) 996-8961
or filling out a short contact form. If you are in the area, schedule an in-person appointment; we would be happy to speak with you at your earliest convenience!
Mayra Espinosa team
Willing to go that extra mile…